What is Amplifi?
Amplifi is the media investment arm of Dentsu Aegis Network. Operating across three distinct areas of specialization: Investment, Global Media Partnerships and Programmatic Buying. Using the opportunities presented by convergence and globalization, we deliver a value proposition of reinventing relationships that work for clients and media owners.
What does a Senior Manager of Digital Investment do?
As the Senior Manager you will have full oversight over the strategic direction of all digital media activity pertaining to your client portfolio. You will be a leader within the Digital Investment group, and act as a mentor by growing young talent and instilling best practice behvaviour within a large and diverse team. Working closely with Senior Management, you are expected to contribute to, support and facilitate Amplifi’s corporate agenda to uphold the highest quality standards for your team. You must be able to navigate through a large organization and balance the needs of multiple stakeholders throughout the Dentsu Aegis Network.
What do I need to succeed in this role?
The role itself demands a strong leader with established soft skills as well as working knowledge of more complex digital strategies. The ability to coach your immediate team to develop their negotiation, critical thinking and numerical skills is key as there will be demands on you from the top and bottom. You also need to be a motivator for your team and help them navigate demanding clients and high volumes of work.
People Leadership, Media Activation and Execution:
· Attentively manage, train and mentor direct reports and ensure they have the skills to manage their direct reports
· Responsible of managing and conducting your team’s goal setting and annual performance appraisals
· Identifies personal development areas in your team while addressing any under performance
· Drives employee retention and channels feedback to Head of Digital to collaboratively devise counter measures
· Ensures team resources are delegated in an agile way to deliver optimal service for Media Brands and internal efficiencies
· Develops quality control processes and systems that are sufficiently implemented where lacking
· Grows the sophistication of your team’s media, data and technology knowledge
· Hands on working knowledge of advanced digital concepts and related technical requirements
· Drives positive working relationships with our supply side partners and channels relevant feedback to Head of Digital
· Drives Media Brand and client adoption of DAN capabilities, e.g. Operating Model Stack Capabilities, Amnet Audience Centre services and The Story Lab.
· Contributes to the development of any new business project ideas, recommendations and presentations
· Provides guidance on digital vendor selection where it relates to Amplifi’s commercial investment direction and rationalization to Media Brand teams
· Responsible for monitoring open payables for their entire team and collaborate with the Digital Investment Manager to ensure campaign reconciliation in a timely manner.
· Understand how to operate our internal tools that enable actualization of media buys (ad server and billing system) and reporting on open payables.
Client & Internal Relationships:
· Balance client-facing responsibilities, as they arise, with internal core team responsibilities
· Functions well in high-pressure situations, with an ability to stay calm and collected and deliver efficient solutions
· Builds positive relationships with internal and external teams and sets a good example for their peers
· Provides guidance to team members to nurture and promote a healthy team environment
· Responsible for working with Head of Digital to develop and oversee mid-level staff- manage time, assure projects are completed on time and adhered to (within) budget – strong ability to delegate.
· Manages expectations of Investment arm, Media Brands and deliverables - critically defend/rationalize media plan selection to internal stakeholders
· Conducts regular health checks where it concerns your team’s day-to-day Media Brand stakeholder interaction and the overall activation process to resolve any persisting issues
· Leads vendor relationships to find efficiencies and better ways of working with the team as a whole
Strategic Thinking & Leadership:
· Assesses problems and concerns in a systematic, logical and rational manner
· Constantly curious, participates in face-to-face vendor meetings and instills this attitude across whole team
· Keeps up with the latest trends in digital media
· Proactively resolves issues, knows when and who to escalate to
· Aptitude for priority management where it concerns managing multiple deliverables/work streams
· Coaches managers on how to find strategic ways to improve and optimize the media buy and campaign performance to meet client KPIs
· Informs Head of Digital of new opportunities or challenges that deviate from corporate investment direction
· Expresses oneself clearly and concisely in oral and written communications
· Ability to organize ideas and present back information logically and sequentially
· Ability to develop and present media presentations/tactical POVs/agency credentials to a high profile audience
· Ensures key information is provided to the team regarding client issues and/or internal agency issues as they arise
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher, or equivalent in relevant work experience.
· 5+ years of media planning/buying experience, including at least 3+ years focused on digital media and 2 years as a people manager.
· Proven track record of creating, developing and rationalizing digital media investment recommendations for global and/or local brands.
· Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage, develop and retain top talent while addressing poor performance
· Strong negotiation and people skills
· High level of confidence with an ability to manage expectations with internal stakeholders
· Strong prioritization skills, with an expert ability to manage one’s time for optimal output
· Strong analytical skills and proficient with numbers and budgets to relate results with client business objectives
· Advanced computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Established and advanced understanding of ad serving and media buying technologies such as DCM, AdWords, Facebook, etc.
· Google Certification (ideal but not mandatory)