MKTG is a global lifestyle marketing agency. We are pioneers and practitioners of sponsorship consulting and live branded experiences across the world of sports, entertainment, arts and cause. Our outlook on marketing is simple. The more human a brand can be, the more people will connect to it and value adopting it. Our job is to humanize brands and connect them to passionate communities everywhere.
MKTG Canada Corp. is Canada’s leading sponsorship agency, providing strategic counsel and activation solutions to leading brands such as Scotiabank, Canadian Tire, adidas, SportChek, Tangerine, Canada Bread, Sun Life Financial and FedEx.
The Activations and Events team creates market leading activations and consumer experiences that allow our clients to connect with their target market, leveraging their passion points in highly engaging and meaningful ways. Notable programs/activations have included Tangerine’s Community Gym and UNITY Festival activations, Canada Bread’s Global Energy Race, and all Scotiabank activations including the 2016 World Cup of Hockey, NHL Centennial Classic, NHL Winter Classic, NHL Faceoff events, NHL All Star Games, Rogers Hometown Hockey, Scotiabank Hockey Day in Canada and Scotiabank Girls HockeyFest.
To oversee the Activations + Events team ensuring the flawless execution of client projects by providing superior support and ongoing communications on all aspects of the projects, leading to our clients executing exciting and positive consumer experiences.
1. Client Project Management – Gain complete understanding of client programs and related details. Outline all project elements for ongoing presentation to clients. Ensure complete and accurate deliverables master from team for each client project. Ongoing building/management of internal project processes for client programs including, but not limited to, project deliverables, run sheets and critical paths. Provide professional and efficient support to the SVP in preparation for client presentations and any research work related to project planning and development. Contribute to the execution of all client projects, including working with other functional teams to monitor progress on all projects. Provide outstanding service, same day response to enquiries and appropriate follow-up and follow-through on all commitments. Update Consulting Team on a regular basis and work collaboratively to ensure client’s strategies are brought to life through focused activations.
2. Communications – Keep team members up to date on new programs and provide line of sight where needed. Develop staff travel schedule based on program needs. Attend and provide project status updates and next steps during weekly internal and client status meetings. Provide active involvement in weekly meetings by highlighting upcoming deadlines and requirements for the week. Develop compelling concept decks that highlight activations that deliver against client strategy and measurable objectives, produce estimates and provide ongoing budget management/post-event reconciliation support, and provide comprehensive post-event reports that provide detailed metrics and offer insightful key learnings and recommendations. Review all decks and estimates and be prepared to present to SVP in client-ready state. Provide executive briefs for SVP, COO and CEO as needed for all activations and events. Ensure activation recap sent to client and SVP within 2 hours of end of event tear-down.
3. Staff Management – Oversee department Managers and Coordinators who will be directly reporting into this position. Ensure their programs are on track through regular reporting and processes. Report progress into SVP on a regular and timely basis. Provide ongoing support to team through measurable plans. Deliver semi-annual reviews that in turn are presented to SVP.
4. Quality Control – Ensure team is completing client and internal deliverables on a timely basis and all deadlines are being managed. Ensure that corporate procedures are adhered to at all times and that all client relationships are managed within the standards of excellence. Proactively identify any issues and solutions and make decisions to keep things on track. Ensure appropriate sign-offs are secured internally and with the client. Ensure on-site look and feel of all events is of the utmost highest quality and that execution is flawless. Provide immediate, written feedback to team, putting processes in place to manage improvement.
5. Administration – Manage administrative details including timely and accurate expense reports, timesheets and 1-on-1 weekly reports. Complete all aspects of the reporting process including processing charges, approval on supplier invoices, organizing and filing paperwork.
6. Industry Knowledge & Research – Stay informed on real-world trends and activations in the sponsorship space for short presentations to the team. Regular research will also contribute to initiatives such as business development, internal best practices and editorial content.
Business/Job Knowledge – Demonstrates an understanding and awareness of the business, markets, properties, trends and core marketing concepts; Demonstrates an understanding of relevant systems, processes, services, policies, objectives and incorporates this knowledge into planning and work assignments to maximize results.
Project Management –Ability to set priorities and focus time on what’s important; Can thrive under strict timelines while multi-tasking on numerous projects; Can organize daily workload, schedules, plans effectively and efficiently while planning ahead to manage longer range activities; Demonstrates enthusiasm and energy towards the work.
Client Centric – Solid effort in building and maintaining internal & external relationships based on trust, commitment, delivering above expectations and unsurpassed service even in difficult situations; Solicits feedback to ensure satisfaction at all times and openly accepts feedback on areas to improve and makes necessary adjustments.
Communication Skills – Ability to communicate ideas & thoughts clearly, concisely and articulately both in writing and verbally; Ability to actively listen, ensure understanding and effectively handle questions/issues as they arise; Effective use of key “interpersonal skills” including clarifying and confirming, discussion skills, managing differences, constructive criticism and crediting.
Team Building & Spirit – Ability to work in a team environment demonstrating attributes of: versatility, support, a positive attitude and commitment to contribute and deliver as required. Ability to adapt and be flexible to changing internal and client needs is crucial. Demonstrates a level of enthusiasm and energy towards the work.
Creative Thinking – Ability to think outside the box that promotes continuous improvement in the way we operate internally, serve our clients and engage consumers on behalf of our client